1. The Lea County Juvenile Detention Facility shall be maintained
by the Warden and his/her staff only.
2. Any resident of the juvenile unit found to be in violation of
the resident rules and regulations shall be subject to the
appropriate action(s) depending on the type of violation.
3. No resident shall disobey any verbal or written order from
a staff member.
4. No resident shall interfere with an officer in the performance
of his/her duties.
5. No resident shall incite any act that will disrupt the order,
or safety of the unit.
6. No resident shall assault or attempt to assault staff personnel,
other resident, visitor or any other person.
7. No resident shall have any form of authority over another
8. Only one (1) television will be allowed in each unit, which
will be provided by the facility. No resident will be
allowed to touch the television at any time. The usage and
programs residents are allowed to watch will be scheduled.
MTV,VHI, Caliente and BET are not authorized. Any
other program the post officer deems inappropriate
will not be authorized at any time.
9. VCR usage, when allowed by the staff, will be controlled
by the staff and only movies rated "G" or "PG",
will be shown.
10. No resident shall possess contraband or attempt to obtain
contraband. Possession includes on the person, or in a
personal room. Anything not received through authorized
channels will be considered contraband.
11. No resident shall take, disfigure, damage, abuse or waste
county property or property belonging to another resident.
No resident shall deface lights and windows by placing
any article on them at any time. Residents are not allowed
to have more than ten photographs in their possession at
any time. Photographs will not be pasted to anything and
are to be kept neat and orderly. If photographs are not kept
in this fashion they will be confiscated and placed in the
residents property. NO PORNOGRAPHIC OR ANY
GANG RELATED PICTURES WILL BE ALLOWED.
THIS IS AT THE DISCRETION OF AN OFFICER.
12. All residents will be locked in their rooms at 9:00 PM and
will be unlocked for breakfast (approx. 5 :00 AM). All
room doors will be locked immediately following cleanup
and will remain locked until 9:00 PM. Juveniles are not
allowed to go back to bed.
13. Library books can be requested by the residents. Only one
book may be allowed in a resident's room. Bibles will
not be counted as (1) paperback book. Letters and legal
papers will be stored in an orderly fashion.
14. Residents will not be allowed to keep excessive amounts
of hygiene items in their sub cells. One (1) each is allowed
of soap, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush and toothpaste.
15. Residents who have money in their commissary account
need to order paper, stamped envelopes and hygiene
products. If resident chooses not to order these items when
having money the staff will not furnish these items. If
resident has no money in their commissary account; the
facility will provide them weekly with, 2 envelopes, 4
pieces of paper and hygiene products.
16. All residents will wear detention clothing; any exception to
this rule must be approved by the supervisor .All residents
will have their uniforms on and buttoned properly between
the hours of 5:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
17. All residents are required to maintain their rooms and
common areas in an orderly and sanitary fashion.
18. Pencils are not allowed in a resident's subcell at any time;
Residents are not allowed ink pens at any time. Graffiti
and/or tagging will not be tolerated.
19. Foul language will not be tolerated at any time.
20. No resident will commit any lewd or indecent sexual act.
21. No resident will be allowed to horseplay or stand on the
22. No resident will be verbally uncontrollable.
23. Stealing will not be tolerated.
24. Any resident who leaves his/her authorized area or fails to
return on time from furlough will be charged with the
appropriate violations. Which may include criminal
25. No left over food from meals or snacks is allowed in
26. All mail leaving this facility will be addressed as follows:
Lea County Detention Facility
215 E. CENTRAL
LOVINGTON, NM 88260
MAILING ADDRESS: PERSON'S FULL NAME AND CORRECT ADDRESS.
All letters not meeting this rule will be returned to the resident. No gang writing of
27. All mail going out to the adult facility must go through the
regular mail channels as outgoing mail and will require stamped
28. No mail, notes, etc... will be passed from one cellblock to an
other. Any other article must be approved by the
29. Telephone: Residents may use the telephone at any given time
except during scheduled activities such as morning
clean up, school or other activities.
30. Visitation: Each resident is allowed three (3) twenty minute visits
per week, by appointment only. A schedule for
visitation can be obtained from your post officer: Residents
visitor should call the facility and schedule a visitation
appointment to ensure that the resident's visitor will not have to
wait on other resident's visitation. Visitors of the resident are
restricted to immediate family members only, such as mother,
father, brother, sister, grandmother etc. All Visitors must be at
least 16 years old and must have ID or be accompanied by an adult.
31. Laundry services i.e., clothing and linens will be provided by the
32. When meals are being served each resident must get his/her own
tray and drink. A resident will not accept a tray or
drink from another resident.
33. It will be the responsibility of the resident to inform the staff if
he/she is in need of medical attention and a medical
request must be filled out by resident.
34. Any resident requesting a grievance form will be provided one
by the facility.
35. Hair cuts will be offered weekly. All haircuts will be monitored
36. Shower time is offered daily as per schedule.
37. No phone books are allowed inside the tanks.
38. Residents will ask for officer assistance (not demand it.)
39. No candy or commissary items are allowed in the Day room; the
Recreation floor or the classroom.
40. No self-mutilation or tattoos will be permitted.
41. A copy of the rules and regulations will be read and given to all
admissions. The resident will read and sign a copy
of the rules and regulations and that copy will become part of
42. Officers will maintain order in the classroom at all times.
Computer usage will be monitored by officers. Gang
related or obscene language will not be tolerated on the
computers or at any other time by any resident.
43. Shower shoes are not allowed to be worn out of residents cell